Thursday, April 24, 2008

POOR

VIPER

Well as you all know I am a huge animal lover! I have way to many pets but they are like my children! I love them all so much people truly can not understand! So we adopted Viper last July from Colorado Rocky Mountain Great Dane Inc. and I love her so MUCH! She has been the best dog ever! Well she came to us with rotten teeth and several lumps. There were 2 really big lumps one on her front paw and one on her back thigh. The lump on her foot started to grow in January. Finally it grew so big that I could not take it anymore and I scheduled her surgery. I was so nervous, I could not even sleep! She is 9 years old and that is really old for her breed. But she has been in perfect condition no health problems except her teeth. So I worried and stressed all weekend before her surgery, praying that she would do okay with the anesthesia. So last Monday she had her teeth cleaned and 6 lumps removed. 4 hours of anesthesia and I was a wreck!! I did not place her IV, draw her blood, NOTHING! I could not even watch! Her teeth were really bad, she had 10 bonded sealant, gum surgery, and dental radiographs done. Then her lumps were taken off via laser. She woke up wonderfully, and had really good blood pressure/heart rate. I was so relieved when it was over. Well we sent off the lumps for a histopathology, they came back cancerous. I was sick to my stomach all over again. After all that she has cancer. Well the pathologist said that her mass on the thigh needed additional tissue taken off, so she had surgery again today. Hopefully we got all the cancerous tissue this time and I can rest a bit. She is such a good dog and she is worth every penny we spent! She is doing well she recovered from her surgery very quickly today and is resting in my office right now!













One of her Tumors!















9 comments:

Cristi & McKay Morley said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Viper, I hope everything works out. We really do need to get together and do lunch, give me a call!1

The Hardings said...

Hey how the heck are you guys!!! your blog is so cute and your rock is freaking huge I can't wait for you two to FINALLY GET MARRIED!!! congrats and I better be invited to the big day!!!!CONGRATS

Kallie and Conrad

Josee said...

Hey Stac Im so sorry about Viper that is so sad He is a Beautiful dog. I know your pets are your kids so I really hope that he will be ok!!

Jace and Ash said...

Hey Stac, I so know how you feel about you pets are like your kids. I had a English Bulldog when I was married and she was like my little girl,of course Dave got to keep her. I miss her so much so I know how you are feeling. Viper is a way cute dog I love Great Danes. I really hope she is doing ok. I'm heading to cali this Sunday for a week but when I get back lets get together. Have a great weekend and I hope everything is going good. Chat with you later!!

A New Life Student said...

Oh poor baby! She is so cute and this is just such sad news. Believe me, I understand how much you love her and I am sure it has been so hard for you. I hope she is recovering well and we will be thinking about her!

The Davis Family said...

Im glad Viper is okay!! That is scary. They seriously are your little babies. I hope everything goes well from here on out. :)

Robinson's said...

Stac I'm glad that Viper is okay she is a cute dog I must say! You and Jor need to come over sometime I haven't seen you in a while! K babe is getting big!

Travis and Onna said...

I hope that she is ok. That is some sick pics.

No Trav hasn't dyed his hair yet! lol

Ya I think Im coming up next weekend with the clan. Im excited to come. I can't wait to see you guys! love ya.

Trav says hi.

Auger Family said...

Stac you are too cute! I love it! I am glad it all went okay...good luck! :)